Friday, September 4, 2009

It's Coming up!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of all ages (from 20ish - 30ish) the first gathering event of Third Space is rapidly approaching! We are busy finalizing worship songs, messages, activities, and the like to make this first event a success! The first Third Space Event is going to be on September 18th.

SEPTEMBER 18th!

I want to take just a few minutes and talk about Provision. I have been doing my personal studies in Exodus lately, and I just finished reading all about the Tabernacle. I love this portion of Scripture. Think about it, the Israelites who were held in captivity for over 400 years where led out of Egypt right on schedule through an amazing series of events; the plagues, the Red Sea etc... Now God calls Moses up to the top of Mt. Sinai to give him the Law, an impossible tool or standard to stay in right standing with God. Part of this time is taken up with God giving specific instructions about the Tabernacle; how to build it, what to make it out of, what to put in it. Here we have God, desiring fellowship with man, and meeting on a mountain top to share His specific instructions!? THAT is amazing! So here comes the meat. God then appointed two men, in which He gave the skills to appoint all sorts of crafts. I sat around and thought about this for a long while. I thought about how the Lord wanted and instructed Moses and the Israelites to do something, and then provided the way for them to do it. Then I began to look throughout all of Scripture and throughout my life and saw this theme through and through. God provided His Son for our salvation, He provided His Spirit for our sanctification, He provided His Word to speak Truth into our lives. I could go on and on. However, if I were to ask you, "Is God a Provider?" You would say something like "Yeah of course! Jehovah Jireh!" But maybe, just maybe if I were to ask you "what are 10 ways the Lord has provided for you?" It might take some more thought. Take some time this week to reflect on how specifically the Lord has provided for you in your life and think about upon His Son, His Spirit, His Word have affected your life.

Maybe the Lord is using us to provide a place in Alamance County where young adults of all walks and stages of life can come together and fellowship and grow with one another...

No comments:

Post a Comment